Arthur Halsey Rice
With extensive experience since 1976, Arthur Halsey Rice founded and successfully lead the Miami and later Fort Lauderdale-based firm, Rice Pugatch Robinson Storfer & Cohen PLLC. From the founding of the predecessor firm in 1980, Rice’s work and leadership have garnered him much attention.
In 1980, Rice began his own practice, which he based in Miami. Since the firm’s inception, along with the core group practicing Debtor and Creditor Rights, RPRSC grew into a full-service business firm along with accretive services in Labor, Pension and Profit Sharing and Real Estate.
Rice has tried cases in State, Federal and Bankruptcy Courts, both jury and non-jury, representing private litigants as well as Bankruptcy Trustees. Beginning in 2008, Rice has primarily represented lenders, including banks, hedge funds and private equity in workouts, restructurings and contested Chapter 11s. This work has resulted in the recovery by Rice’s clients of hundreds of millions of dollars of collateral, the successful dismissal of over fifteen Chapter 11 cases between 2008 and 2012 and countless restructurings. A list of clients with references and contact information is available subject to suitable confidentiality.
In addition to his many years practicing the law, Rice has also served his country as a helicopter pilot for the United States Army, where he was awarded the Purple Heart, the Distinguished Flying Cross and other citations before retiring with the rank of Captain.Rice currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Trustees for Quinnipiac University, where he has endowed a one million dollar fund for Veterans. Rice also serves as a volunteer for the Veterans Consortium and is active in the Broward recovery community.
Arthur Halsey Rice
Experience & Education
- Creditor’s Rights
- Complex Commercial Litigation
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE:
- Numerous District Courts including the Northern, Middle, and Southern U.S. District Courts of Florida
- The 5th, 6th, and 11thS. Circuit Courts of Appeal
- The United States Supreme Court
- The Florida Bar, 1976
- Miami-Dade Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida, Pro Bono Committee
- Quinnipiac University, B.A.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
- Rice has over 25 published decisions which are available on request
- Rice has tried jury cases in Miami – Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Circuit Courts and the U.S. District Courts
- The Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
- Perez Museum, f/k/a Miami Art Museum, Board of Trustees 2007 – 2011
- Florida Bar Board of Governors, 1997 – 2003
- Quinnipiac University Board of Trustees, former chair of Academic Affairs Committee, current chair of Development Committee, 2006 – present
- Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program, 2013 – present