Practice Leader – Bankruptcy, Insolvency, and Restructuring
With extensive legal experience since 1976, Chad P. Pugatch has made his mark in the legal community by being recognized as one of the leading attorneys in South Florida in the areas of bankruptcy and reorganization.
Originally a New Jersey native, Chad Pugatch moved to South Florida in 1971. He began his career in Fort Lauderdale, focusing on commercial litigation, bankruptcy, and insolvency law. Founding his own firm, Pugatch & Associates, P.A. in 1987 in Fort Lauderdale.
In 2002, Chad Pugatch merged his firm, Pugatch & Associates, P.A. with Rice Robinson to create what became known as Rice Pugatch Robinson Storfer & Cohen PLLC and later Lorium PLLC.
Chad Pugatch has extensive experience in State and Federal courts, having represented debtors, trustees, committees, and creditors among many others.
Chad P. Pugatch
Experience & Education
- Bankruptcy/ Restructuring
- Commercial Litigation
- Creditor’s Rights
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE:
- Florida Bar, 1976
- United States District Courts, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- 11thCircuit Court of Appeals
- University of Miami Bachelor of Arts, 1973
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Juris Doctor with Honors, 1976
PROFESSIONAL OR TRADE AFFILIATIONS:
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
HONORS & Awards:
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale
- University of Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy, Volume 19, April 2008, Number 1, The Lost Art of Chapter 11 Reorganization
- Annual guest lecturer University of Florida Levin College of Law, Advanced Bankruptcy course speaking on Contested Confirmations
- IMN Florida Bank & Financial Institutions Special Executive Conference on Real Estate Workouts, Panel moderator and panel participant, 2013 -2014
- CLE Presentations, lecturer and panel member
- International Gold Bullion Exchange and First Fidelity Mortgage – represented Bankruptcy Trustees in nationally significant fraud cases
- Commodore Cruise Lines – representation of the Chapter 11 Debtor in Possession in successfully confirmed liquidation plan
- Green Isle Partners- representation of the Official Committees of Unsecured creditors’ in Chapter 11 case for the San Juan Ritz Carlton Hotel achieving a one hundred percent return to the unsecured creditors
- Carpenter Contractors of America, Inc. – representation of Chapter 11 Debtor in Possession achieving confirmation of the Chapter 11 plan of reorganization for a large operating company with multi – state locations..
- Rotary Club of Fort Lauderdale, Cypress Creek